Hi! I’m Emma, and I am The Hallremark.
I started this blog in 2017 as A Cool But Not Kewl Christmas. And, WHY?! Mainly because I didn’t know it’d be anything but a way for me to have fun writing again. Thanks to all you wonderful readers, and the friends I’ve made, this thing has grown in a way I never thought it could. In 2018, I rebranded as The Hallremark, and here we are!
Important Things To Know
- I genuinely adore Hallmark Christmas movies. Sometimes, I poke a little fun, but it’s from a place of love.
- I often use run-on sentences and bulleted lists and numbered lists and excessive punctuation and ALL CAPS and bolded words and italics and extraaaaaa letterssssssss and, quite frankly, way too many words.
- This blog is just me, so there will be typos. I used to pass out at the thought of typos, but that took the fun out of writing about these movies. This is the writing that’s supposed to relax me. So, yeah, there will be mistakes because I USE SO MANY WORDS and can’t spend too much time on these posts because I’ve got other things to do!
- The Hallmark Channel Yule Logs mean so much to me.
- I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and sometimes my experience with it makes an appearance in my writing.
- I often spell whoa as woah, and I don’t know if that’ll ever change. It’s used in my A Very Merry Mixup recap like a dozen times, but I don’t want to go back and edit it because then I will have to go back and reread the whole thing at least twice, because that’s who I am.
- I am an extrovert in person, but am usually an Internet Introvert–which is probably why I was anonymous for so long. I like to say that I have Social (Media) Anxiety. I love comments, but often get way too anxious to respond. I do try though! Catch me after my cup of coffee and I’m usually up for a conversation! 🙂
- I believe everyone deserves to see themselves in made-for-TV Christmas movies, and fully support inclusion and diversity.
- My favorite things to spend money on are Christmas decorations, Christmas sweaters, and Christmas mugs.
- I am not affiliated with Hallmark/Hallmark Channel/Hallmark Movies & Mysteries/Hallmark Drama in any way whatsoever. I’m just a fan who has got lots of loud, loving words to say about their movies.
See? Just a girl in front of a Christmas tree, in a Christmas sweater, with a Christmas mug. Not Hallmark Channel. THOUGH, how fun would that be?!
Anywho, I hope you have fun over here, because I have fun over here. Let’s love these movies together ❤
Emma aka The Hallremark