I cannot believe that Countdown to Christmas 2017 is already over. And that I’ve been recapping and reviewing for 2 months! I wish I would’ve gotten to write about all 21 movies, but 9 isn’t bad when you have a very busy 1 year old (and when the movies started running together in a wad of crumpled wrapping paper, ribbons, and bows 6 weeks in).
I saw every #CountdowntoChristmas movie, with the exception of When Calls the Heart: The Christmas Wishing Tree, because shhhhhh…I’ve never seen a second of When Calls the Heart. Whoops! Please forgive me, Hallmarkies!
Here are my 20 favorite parts of Countdown to Christmas 2017!
20. Bridget Regan and Travis Van Winkle’s chemistry in Christmas Getaway. They were so natural and adorable!
19. The manic, surely peppermint mocha fueled, investigation conducted about the motivation of Jordan Bridges’ character in Christmas at Holly Lodge. I can just see Crystal Lowe chugging coffee, chewing her nails, and scribbling on Post-its in the soft glow of Christmas lights and her laptop screen.
18. The Christmas sweaters in Christmas Connection. I have had zero luck finding a Christmas sweater that wasn’t intentionally ugly, or didn’t feature some lewd reindeer scene, or a drunk Santa. How were they able to find like 20,000 great Christmas sweaters? Help me, Hallmark! Show me your contact book!
17. The text on the screen in With Love, Christmas. I was no foolin’ impressed with the way they executed it. Good job, my friends!
16. Lacey’s smart house design from The Christmas Cottage.
****I am not convinced that this definitely soon to be sentient house/office hybrid she designed isn’t the house from the Disney Channel Original Movie Smart House. If you don’t remember Smart House, I am actually offended, because I’ve seen it at least 10 times, and it’s a big part of who I am. In the end, the smart part of the house turns into a screeching tornado woman and it’s terrifying. So, good luck with this concept house, Lacey!****
15. My hilarious Switched for Christmas tweet no one cared about.
14. Pick any part from A Happy Yule Log, and I’ll agree that it should make this list.
Hiya, Happy the dog and Happy the cat!
(And, yes, I snuck in a Hallmark Movies and Mysteries production)
13. The Dad from Sharing Christmas. I’ve gushed about him enough. Maybe I’ll gush some more? No, it’s probably getting weird. I’ll just say that I hope he becomes The Official Hallmark Christmas Movie Dad.
I’m 100% positive that this character would’ve eaten Beggin’ Strips if he could’ve gotten away with it.
12. Paula Shaw as Pippa in Coming Home for Christmas. The Virginian Emily Gilmore we didn’t know we needed! The second she stepped on screen, I thought “Oooh, I’m going to love this movie.” And I did!
11. Tina Lifford “accidentally” dropping Aiden’s present in the name of snooping in A Gift to Remember.
Ahhh! Okay, sorry, Tina! Also, every other part you were in.
10. The fact that there was a SCHOOL FOR SANTAS in Finding Santa. I don’t know if that’s a necessary thing, but it’s so cute that I won’t question it any further.
9. The hospital decorations from A Gift to Remember. Does any hospital do this? Should I try to get a job decorating every hospital like this??????
8. The bear playing an accordion statue in front of the lodge in Enchanted Christmas. I don’t get it, but I’ll accept it.
7. The Most Interesting Santa in the World from Christmas in Evergreen. LOOK AT HIM AND TRY NOT BEING IMPRESSED.
6. Mayor Ezra from Christmas in Evergreen. Chris Cope played stressed out so well that I got an eye twitch from just watching!
5. This face that the judgmental anchorwoman makes in Miss Christmas.
4. Jonathan Adams in The Sweetest Christmas. Please cast him as Santa next year!
I’m really serious about this, so
#JonathanAdams4Santa2018 #JonathanAdams4Santa2018 #JonathanAdams4Santa2018 #JonathanAdams4Santa2018 #JonathanAdams4Santa2018
3. Brooke D’Orsay in Miss Christmas. She is the Queen of Countdown to Christmas 2017.
2. Robert Marley describing his $20 date to Lizzie in Coming Home for Christmas. I am STILL swooning over this. And I never am affected by romantic things in movies. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
1. Garth from The Mistletoe Inn.
I’m just going to say it.
I think he’s my muse.
Writing about him was the most fun I’ve had since starting this blog. I mean, in my recap & review of The Mistletoe Inn, I assumed his identity and wrote as him. He’s terrible and wonderful. He’s The Greatest Hallmark Villain of All Time. I don’t think I’ll ever budge on this. Just try to change my mind!
Yeah, okay, whatever, Garth.
There you have it! My favorite parts of Hallmark’s 2017 season of Countdown to Christmas. Let me know if you agree, or if I left out any of your favorites!
I’ll be back next Christmas, but until then you can find me at The Hallremark, where I will recap and review Hallmark content all year long! Hope to see youthere!<3